Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! The view out my window Oct. 20, 2024. The red in the background is a dogwood behind the maple who is just beginning to turn.

Saturday, October 19, 2024

My little black cat friends

 These two are definitely the cats who run Martha's house. She talks to them regularly, but their answers are often enigmatic.

This is Sabrina, who lost her back leg as a kitten and can haul her dear little self right up the scratching post to sit on the platform and look out the window.



And this is Sable, with a bit silkier texture to his fur.

But Sabrina likes to take turns for which chair at the table she's going to sit on!

I love this kitchen nook in Martha's house, and you can see Sabrina on her favorite chair (this week.)


I jokingly called this my hotel room. I was totally comfortable here!



A couple of senior gals who've been friends for 49 years! Though there have been many years of gaps in our friendship, we're so comfortable just picking up where we left off when we get together again. This is the front of Martha's pretty house behind us.

But don't think that I got to sit on the couch and write blogs! No no indeed. We went various local places (twice out for lunch) including Walmart for me to stoke up on things to bring back to Black Mountain at my apartment complex. And Martha likes to go for a walk on a trail around the local community college, so I sat and read stuff on my iPhone, and took a few pics of the winter squash the college gardeners are growing. (most of those were photographed in yesterday's post).\

And I wanted to be in old town Chapel Hill, so I clicked a few pics on that trip, as well as around Pittsboro. 


Today's quote:

When we drop fear, we can draw nearer to people, we can draw nearer to the Earth, we can draw nearer to all the heavenly creatures that surround us.

BELL HOOKS




Sharing with Eileen's Saturday Critters



18 comments:

  1. The best kind of friends..a lovely place to stay and feline company.. what's to fault in that !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cats' fur differs so much. Rocky's fur was like needles (sort of). Lacey's is light and wafts everywhere. Bella was silky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and the underfur which every cat produces if they get cold, and if they are inside cats apparently they still try to make more fur! It all comes out one way or another in the spring.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Martha has a couple of pretty kitties. I like that kitchen nook too and the bedroom looks very comfy. Great photos, nice shot of you and Martha. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to contribute to your critter's meme each Saturday, Eileen. When I have some to contribute at least.

      Delete
  4. ...Martha's kitchen is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a great friend with a very comfortable home.

      Delete
  5. Sabrina sounds like such a resilient little kitty! It’s amazing how these cats bring so much personality and charm to Martha’s house. I love how they have their own way of communicating! Thanks for sharing this lovely glimpse into their lives. Check out my new blog post and let me know what you think. Wishing you a happy weekend! https://www.melodyjacob.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could visit and share in my joy from seeing these three good friends, two with black fur!

      Delete
  6. This was almost finding some positive in a horrific event. You had some fun times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I continue to find some small joys, then have to put the brakes on with reality of the disaster still everywhere around me.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like fun! I think I would fit right in with you gals! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Like the old saying, one is silver and the other is gold!

      Delete
  9. That is a long friendship! You two look quite happy together.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.