Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! The view out my window Oct. 20, 2024. The red in the background is a dogwood behind the maple who is just beginning to turn.

Saturday, October 26, 2024

It's a bird!

Look closely toward the bottom right, he's looking down.

Here he's sitting looking up on the left center of the photo. I spied this lovely woodpecker on a tree this week, though the window, and with the iPhone enlarged to 5x, then cut and enlarged in edit...and still am not sure who he was. Grey front of head with a bright red patch from back of head, and on cheek and under eye. Grey on back,  white underbelly.

So I hope my birding friends will name the one in the maple tree for me.


A happy Dr. Schrodinger and his cat




------------


And from Texas, actually the Alamo in San Antonio.

The Alamo in 1880, if you look closely to the right of the Hugo & Schmeltzer Grocery store.




And in 1950, young Davy Crockets gathered at the Alamo.

------------------

Thought for today: 

In an age where there is much talk about “being yourself,” I reserve to myself the right to forget about being myself, since in any case there is very little chance of my being anybody else.

THOMAS MERTON

--------------------

Sharing with Eileen's Saturday's Critters and Sepia Saturday




Last year's pet parade in Black Mountain. It's happening this year again, today at 3 pm!




---------------

Today's sobering photo of the area around me effected by Hurricane Helene, Sept 26/27 2024




6 comments:

  1. ...I hope that the community has a bit of fun with the parade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. We are all trying to feel a bit normal a month later!

      Delete
  2. And life goes on. I love the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The historic photos are a treasure! The storm tells us how vulnerable we are not only to Mother Nature but also to our own misdeeds and doings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the most misdeed and doing was the building of many businesses and apartments in flood prone areas.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.