Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! "The End of the Working Day" by Jules Breton, 1886. From Brooklyn Museum in Columbia SC Museum in Oct. 2024.

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Refuge-nest with cousin

 My refuge-nest for a week (plus!)...as an evacuee from Black Mountain NC

And here are a few photos from my cousin John's in Columbia SC.

Here I'm nebulizing with that foggy thing in the lower left. Love John's back porch!




The living room with a few of John's books, and 3 pottery pieces made by myself! He keeps it nice and clean and tidy. I was impressed, and determined to have as nice a setting for myself when I get home...lots to throw out first!

John's nice house. It has lots of room inside, and I enjoyed the guest room.

Another house in the neighborhood was decorated for Halloween.

Wax mallow plant, one I'd never seen before.

The wax mallow, probably planted by his next door neighbor who has lots of pretty plants.


Lunch on the back porch!







Today's quote:
John Muir reportedly began each day by asking the question:
”How can I be at one with nature?” 
He spent countless days studying everything from wild mountain goats to the smallest of wild flowers.

3 comments:

  1. Was that pumpkin carved by a dentist?!

    It is good to have a break in different surroundings...even when we don't have to.
    It can make us see our own home with a changed view.

    Well done Cousin John for looking after you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has a nice place that he keeps well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Texas we call that plant Turk's cap.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.