Update about blogCa

Who knew all this would happen afterwards! The view out my window Oct. 20, 2024. The red in the background is a dogwood behind the maple who is just beginning to turn.

Sunday, October 20, 2024

A President-to-be's birthday

 Happy birthday Vice President Kamala Harris. Born in Oakland CA in 1964.

NOT a photo of baby Kamala, but just a reminder of how small and vulnerable we all are at birth.

I just read the Wikipedia article (with lots of references) about Kamala's life. The talking points usually just give this or that detail, and I wanted to piece together how she came to be where she is on this 60th birthday, running for President of the US in an election in 2 weeks.

Here's the link, if you're lazy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris


I watch several news programs, as well as read the news links on line. This election is as tight as ever there was, but I have hopes that she will win. Our democracy depends upon it.


Today's quote:

Victoria Woodhull once wrote, “Let women issue a declaration of independence sexually, and absolutely refuse to cohabit with men until they are acknowledged as equals in everything, and the victory would be won in a single week.” First woman to run for Presidency in 1872

6 comments:

  1. She sure has my vote! It has been encouraging to see Harris/Walz signs in our county. So very red here, but a few of us blue dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only hope. My gerrymandered district will probably eat up my vote.

      Delete
  2. She's got mine and my wife's vote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hopeful. I just can’t figure how anyone who didn’t vote for tRump last time, would vote for him this time. But I am nervous too.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.