Update about blogCa

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Under the weather

 Health problems hit me in the middle of last week. Maybe by today I'll be out and about again. And maybe I'll be worse. So far on Tues I'd recovered from Sun/Mon minor temperatures. Then Wed. I got zonked by higher temps, but they mostly receded a bit with Ibuprofen.

But Thurs. I felt worse, and wanted a COVID test. I got the quick test, which was neg. for COVID and the flu. They do send off another swab for a more extensive test. They'll only call me if it's postive.

However Fri. arrived with extreme weakness as well as a bit of fever, and a new symptom appeared on my back...little itchy spots. So my friend drove me to the Dr. because by then I couldn't drive 2 blocks. She  also took me to a drive through for a biscuit and coffee. And then we picked up my drugs to treat the rash...it's probably Shingles. 

I've had it before with a lot of pain, and no rash...and didn't like it at all. So I am doing all kinds of resting, and imaging those little viruses on my nerve cells...and the Shingles guys are aging very fast, and losing their teeth and their bites. Then, because once I could imagine the areas on my nerve cells, I imagined that they needed to be healed by a nice dip in a lavender oil bath. And not to go too far, but the next needed part was to give them protection from any more attacks. So I imagined a microscopic hero, one that I knew would be loyal and fierce, and with a sense of humor. Tiny little Patrick Swazyes for each nerve cell. Remember you can't see these things until you look in a microscope.



And I seldom share my more kooky side, looking at the strength of imagination to heal. But hey, what do I have to lose? And I have a fever anyway.


10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I am sorry you are not feeling well. Hubby and I have had the Shingles vaccine, we hope that helps.
    I have seen terrible cases of shingles in our friends. Take care, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...let's ho[e that you are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are going through shingles. Both my mother and mother-in-law suffered from them.
    I know you are taking care of yourself but shingles are often indicative of other problems in us women of a certain age.
    Toes crossed you are well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Barbara you have had a time of it. I hope your positive thinking brings healing along with the meds and plenty of rest. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I got shingles, Sue recognized them right away, so it was not a bad experience after I got a jab. For a few years, though, it seemed like I could feel some repercussions in that spot around the time of year when I first got the virus. Maybe it was my imagination. So after the initial shot, I got the preventative one. It wasn't covered, so it cost $200. Several months later the government decided to cover it. Too late for me. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Barbara, this is such a bummer. I do hope that your microscopic Patrick Swayze hero is winning this battle. Please take care there. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had shingles when I was in grade seven. I remember the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shingles is (are?) nasty. I like your vision of attacking the virus on your nerve cells. Hope the pain goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you recover quickly. Did you have one of the shingles vaccines? The first kind was not highly effective.

    I got itchy spots on my back and thought maybe I had a breakthrough case of shingles. I went to the family medicine office and the nurse practitioner said it did not look like shingles. She prescribed a cream for a type of eczema.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.