Update about blogCa

Friday, November 12, 2021

Cloudy day with colors

 


Downtown where the railroad crossed Black Mountain Ave.


Looking south from Ingles Grocery Store parking lot toward Lakey Gap.


And before I could post this, the sun came out and I went to the library to return Vol. 1 of The History of the English Speaking Peoples, by W. Churchill. I had already picked up Vol. 2 and started it, then a friend loaned me a John Grisham that I  hadn't read...and I'm indulging in it.

Today's quote:


He grew up in the ruins of World War II–the ruins created by the Nazism and its ideological commitment to conspiracy theories, violence and white supremacy. Based on that formative experience, the former Republican governor offers his take on this week’s coup attempt in Washington: “Being from Europe, I’ve seen how things can spin out of control… We must be aware of the dire consequences of selfishness and cynicism. President Trump sought to overturn the results of an election, of a fair election. He sought a coup by misleading people with lies. My father and our neighbors were also misled with lies, and I know where such lies lead.” To avoid a similar fate, we must hold the conspirators accountable, find public servants who will serve higher ideals, and, most importantly, “look past ourselves, our parties and our disagreements, and put our democracy first.” Arnold Schwarzenegger

11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The colors are pretty, I noticed some trees and colors really stand out on the cloudy days.
    Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love the brick building on the other side of the tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better today. Yep, Grisham's a lot more fun than Churchill. I take THE HISTORY in small doses, interspersed with other reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to Dr. this morning...seems I have shingles. So I might not have much to say for a few days.

      Delete
  4. The top photo is so beautiful. Love that old building at the foot of the mountain.
    Whenever I see the name Grisham it makes me think of my dad. He loved a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom loved Perry Mason. And he's still on the TV networks here.

      Delete
  5. I am easily distracted from serious reading by an intriguing mystery. Schwarzenegger's words are sobering. I wish I were more optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad he made those statements...he used to be a Republican. I like mysteries too.

      Delete
  6. I am not a quote person, but yes to that one.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.