Update about blogCa

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Sad passings

 Robert Bly    12/23/26 - 11/21/21  RIP

A sigh from the earth as a "groundbreaking poet, editor, translator, storyteller, and father of what he has called "the expressive men's movement," has passed from this life.

I've listened to some of his interviews, his poetry...a beautiful person.


John F. Kennedy  5/29/17 - 11/22/63 

And the 22 of Nov. 1963 is long remembered by those of us of a certain age, as the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. The "certain age" is those old enough to have experienced the shocking news, having watched those black and white TV's as news was delivered all that long day. I was pregnant with my first child, so of course he has no memory of that event. I'd imagine children 10 or younger at the time probably didn't understand it either...though it's impact on their parents might be remembered by them.


I had my first appointment with the OB/GYN about my pregnancy. I was shocked by hearing on the radio in the car about the assassination. Then I went home and watched the news the rest of the day!


6 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I was 7 at the time of Kennedy's assassination, I remember the school sharing the breaking news at the time.
    Take care, enjoy your day! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I will always remember where I was when I heard of President John F. Kennedy was assassination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 11 years old when John Kennedy was assassinated. I was in 6th grade, and the entire school was summoned to the auditorium that afternoon. I thought it was for a show of some sort, but they made the announcement of the assassination. We were all sent home. Everyone was crying, even the crossing guard at the Main Street. Yes we watched TV all weekend. A truly unforgettable moment in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was home sick from school. My mom cried and that scared me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in class. What a shock that news was!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.