Update about blogCa

Monday, November 1, 2021

Remembering my Dead, Dia de los Muertos

 I think our local Mexican restaurant will put up some deocrations, oh, they already have, for Halloween. There are skulls all over the place!!

This post will share some of my dear loved ones. So if it's kind of dull for you, I understand. 

For me, I have a personal altar, which celebrates my relationships with friends and family, whose spirits are close to me. I remember them with love, laughter, and the enjoyment of our lives when we were together...and think how in not too many days/months/years, I will be joining them.



My dear grandmother (seated in the middle here among her sisters) has been gone many years. I hope she can remember all the fun she gave me and my little sis "way back when"...just after my first date at 16.


No, none of these serious women in 1939 Mississippi who worked on the quilt at a quilting bee, are related to me.,,but I know my mother did make some quilts on her own, using a big circular quilting frame.


One person quilting by herself. Not my mother...

Here's my mother on the right and my grandmother Ada, my father's mother. I think they didn't get along that well later in life, but at one point were very close. I wonder if their spirit selves ever sit for a cuppa somewhere...


Much love to my father, here with all of his grandchildren - the little one on the right in the red shirt has also transitioned to the other side. I'm holding my youngest son, while older two sons stand by me. Little blond niece has disappeared from my life, living somewhere in Europe.

My dad's dad, George Rogers Sr. He left this life the year I graduated from high school.

Here I am on the right, with my little sister on left, and my other grandmother in her Sunday best to be a reader at the Christian Science church in Houston, TX. They are on the other side of the barrier of death, without the trouble of what they look like or what they wear any more.



Of course I also must include Panther and Muffin...

I had Panther from September, 2012 until June 23, 2018. I loved her free spirit, and her beautiful coat.


Panther and Felicia at Ramya's house...


Ramya at Flat Creek July 2011. She transitioned in Sept. 2012 and Panther came to live with me then.

Phil left this life on Oct. 19 2021...and I didn't say goodbye in person, but sent him lots of love and a few laughs on his FaceBook posts.


Muffin was born on my birthday on my front porch in St. Augustine FL, and I cared for her as we moved to Tampa then Black Mountain NC. I said goodbye to her in 2015.

One of her last visits to the vet before the final one.


My sister, Mary, as an adult...



And the two PrinSisters who shared emails with me as I moved through jobs and apartments from 2001 to 2018...Jinni and Rosemary. I'm sure they (spirits must be able to read)  read everything I post if it's at all interesting.


Here's Jinni on the left, Rosie on the right, at one of our after school meetups in one apartment or another...high school or maybe still middle school.

Jinni had MS for years, and rode around in her scooter, but still found ways to have rituals for the holy days of Pagans. She lived till she was 70.

Rosie after she had cancer, which she beat for 5 years, dying in 2018.

Rosie on left, her hubby George, then me, 2007 when they helped me move into apt. in Black Mountain NC.


Rosie and George, and at bottom I'm in a rocker next to Rosie, about 2010.

OK, that's all I'll post here, and I may be the only person who has tears in my eyes remembering all those good times. But I know whenever you think of those you've loved who've gone beyond this life, the same sense of sadness as well as joy can be experienced. That's 'cause we're human.

Today's quote:
THOUSANDS OF CANDLES CAN BE LIGHTED FROM A SINGLE CANDLE, AND THE LIFE OF THE CANDLE WILL NOT BE SHORTENED. HAPPINESS NEVER DECREASES BY BEING SHARED.
THE BUDDHA

13 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Happy November! Wonderful family photos and memories. The furbabies are sweet!
    Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy first of November! Hope the week ahead is full of many critter sightings for you!

      Delete
  2. ...it"s wonderful to have these old family photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are probably 5-10 times more that are lost, as happens in families. But I also have a box that needs to be scanned if they are to be enjoyed by anyone.

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful tribute to those who have gone before you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly beautiful remembrance of family and friends on this day. A loving tribute to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, and I find I've got some mischievous spirits that won't let me sleep a good nights rest. Maybe tonight..

      Delete
  6. Much good remembering, which is about all that we can do, but it is good to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that being remembered was a way that a person's life continues. That's probably why I do all my ancestry research.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.