Update about blogCa

Sunday, May 31, 2020

The wonders of a clean house

A friend of a friend has a new house cleaning business. Another friend uses them often. I looked at my sad surroundings and called for a first time cleaning.  Since it's only a one bedroom apartment, I got a deal that I hope they are happy with, and I sure am.

So now all my wood surfaces have been Murphy's Oiled...a well as dusted. I've got a desk that says, come work here, I'm neat and tidy and clean. I am not taking the laptop off the dining room table yet though...because when I sit here I'm able to see everything outside. I get my nature fix by opening windows wide to the 68 degree air and rain falling gently.

But oh the Maples! They're dancing hither and yon.  I can see up to the tops from inside (here at the second story level of these giants.  They have multiple trunks...each of them. A strange version of maples to me, but they seem to do alright. I think I've got 4 right outside. There's the schussing of upper leaves and then the slow murmur of the lower ones, and just a hint of sway from all those uprights.

I'm grateful that my stimulus check allowed me to have house cleaners this one time.  While I was getting more and more sick, I was doing less and less. And this woman and her daughter knew just how to make things right again. I now will enjoy my home, where of course I'm mostly isolated!



And by comparison...


Quote for today:
Present time can be hard, but life unfolds as it will and the universe will wait as we make our way into the unknown. 
Madisyn Taylor

9 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Pretty view of the green trees. It was a great idea to use the cleaning service. On the cooler days it is nice to open the windows. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, enjoying cool fresh air, or having the A.C. available when it's in the 80s outside.

      Delete
  2. ...before the pandemic we had a young woman who came every two weeks. That is on hold at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the need for changing our routines, in many ways.

      Delete
  3. A clean space can lift the spirits. You sound a bit cheerier.
    I have slowly been doing much needed cleaning. Next up, the shower!
    Enjoy the sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you probably meant "cleaning the shower" rather than taking one. I just spritz mine with vinegar water after each shower, and then dry it down about once a week. It didn't need much scrubbing that way...built up soap is a pain. I'm more concerned with mold growing behind the fiberglass shower shell, since these are old buildings. So I don't want any water getting into that space behind the shower.

      Delete
  4. There's something about a tidy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always forgiven myself for living slightly messy because I'm an artist. But I do like having a clean place to fix meals...so more or less keep the kitchen pretty tidy. I just don't like to do all the heavy cleaning, like vacuuming. Now I have an excuse.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful, I could use a cleaning too :)

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.