Update about blogCa

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Surprise sale of a mug!


 I was pleased to have another local Black Mountain potter know that I'd made the mug which a friend had chipped. It has B. Rogers on the bottom.

And in case you don't yet know, potters are a very friendly bunch. There may be a low level of competition, but generally we know that a customer will go for one person's designs rather than another, and it's all good. We often send people to another potter, which is what Sarah Vekasi did for me, since she knew I'd made that mug. And I had kept one back to remember all the work of hand painting those glazes (3 coats). I contacted this new person, and even became her friend on FaceBook. And we met and exchanged mug and money on the hood of her car, while wearing masks and social distancing, and both went home happy.

Incidentally I gave Sarah some popsicles as a tip, that's what she wanted. And I'm happy to show you her beautiful mugs too!

Sarah hand throws and glazes her mugs, uses her own decals of dogwood, and writes a meaningful word on each mug. Facebook has her listed as Sunshine Pottery, in case you wish to see more of her work.

Today's quote:
You cannot shame or belittle people into changing their behaviors.

Casandra Brene' Brown

8 comments:

  1. ...lovely mugs and I need to remember this quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one mug, several shots (so I'll take out the extras!) Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good to see you're there on your 'puter...since I missed seeing you in your own blog this morning!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful mugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry there was only 1 mug depicted, 3 sides...but I've now removed the extras. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful mugs.

    Re my trail post today. The 1 was the beginning of the trail.
    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.