Update about blogCa

Monday, June 1, 2020

Around the apartment

 The knock-out roses all rained their petals off themselves. They'll pause and be back again in a week or two.
 I do enjoy my flowering basket on my porch.

 Why do people wear a mask with their nose sticking out?

 The wren couple are back, or at least they were until they noticed me.

If they aren't going to do another nest in the little spirit house, then I can maybe clean off the debris. I didn't see much of them the next day when I had the door open again. I've got the hummingbird feeder out there...as well as a few plants. It's great this time of year when the air is sort of cool in mornings, and not too muggy.

Today's Quote:
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."
And, "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
And, “A little learning is a dangerous thing. Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.”
And, "Be not the first by whom the new are tried, Nor yet the last to lay the old aside." Alexander Pope, b.May 21, 1688

8 comments:

  1. That masked woman was an odd sight to me. Not only was her nose uncovered but she is masked when no one is near. We don't do that here, so it looks unusual to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she just arrived home, and the woman standing way out on the sidewalk might have been the driver who took her shopping. I just looked out and of course had to capture a photo of such a strange sight.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Love the wrens. I think some people have trouble breathing with the mask on. Beautiful blooms. Take care and stay safe! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the robins who have decided to nest on the other side of my living room (where I can't see them at all, except as they fly right by) have scared away the smaller wrens. Now there will be robins against the building on a drainpipe. I hope to figure out a way to photograph them. But mainly I hope they won't scare away the hummingbirds.

      Delete
  3. ... Why do people wear a mask with their nose sticking out? I ask myself the same question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather strange, but at least she was far enough away from everyone that it probably didn't matter.

      Delete
  4. LOL, My wife and I just had a laugh about wearing the mask with the nose not covered. Why bother. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it...worth a good laugh. I'm glad she wasn't close to me, or I'd have walked away.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.