Update about blogCa

Monday, June 29, 2020

A bit of Sahara in North Carolina

All afternoon the ridge line across the valley was hazy...and a different color than our usual foggy clouds. So around 6:30 pm I went out for a drive. Wearing a mask of course, until I got in the car. The Covid orders from our Governor asked us to. More on another post about how people in Black Mountain are (NOT) wearing masks.

 Sorry these are just shots through the car windows.

 The sky was mostly cloudy, but where blue showed through, even it looked a bit faded. Here at Lake Tomahawk. I know people were saying it would make for beautiful sunsets...but I didn't really want to wait around for 2 more hours! I'm not like a dedicated photographer!


Driving down US 70 going west, even though the windshield was tinted, the lighting was a bit dull.

Sunday I woke up to more warnings about air quality. So even though I'm already wearing the mask, I will be doubly careful. No walks around the lake till the dust from the Sahara Desert has settled. It hit all of the southeast in the last few days. We are all so connected on this small blue planet.

Today's quote:
Willing to experience aloneness,
I discover connection everywhere;
Turning to face my fear,
I meet the warrior who lives within.
JENNIFER WELWOOD

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I heard on the news about the dust storm, it is amazing it travels so far. Wearing a mask outside is a must.
    Stay safe and well. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...fortunately they haven't made it to my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the news this morning about the Sahara dust storm arriving in the US. I had no idea that you would get to see some of it. Wow! That's quite a surprise. Yes, keep that mask on for so many reasons these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why masks are the hill that people are willing to die on -- literally.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.