Update about blogCa

Thursday, June 4, 2020

A beloved kitchen gadget

 I've only had this for a few years...and I love it!





I sprinkled some cinnamon and sugar over the apples and then microwaved them a few minutes. It was apple pie delight.


Today's Quote:

“the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”
I like Tom Handler’s word “synergy.”
“Emergence” also comes to mind.
Think of it this way. If you took each and every identical molecule and atom and so on that was a human and assembled all those parts, every bacterium and virus, every bit of DNA, and you put them all in a blender and baked it at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, would you get a human? A consciousness? A person?
Thanks to
David Minger, BA, MA Linguistics, PhD Education

12 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Wow, that is a great tool. I love apples and cinnamon, yum! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great day yourself, Eileen. I do love this little tool.

      Delete
  2. ...yours must be better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a bit of my weight into the first punch. Perhaps they get dull with use.

      Delete
  3. Sue and I share an apple at lunch just about every day. We do it the old-fashioned way, but it would be nice to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often do it the old fashioned way, especially for apples that aren't perfectly round.

      Delete
  4. It's the simple things, isn't it?! I love my kitchen tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And having sharp ones, for paring the skins for instance, really helps.

      Delete
  5. It really is the simple things that can add joy to a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, I need to get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived most of my life without one, and when I got this a couple of years ago, I have been very happy with it.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.