Update about blogCa

Monday, June 22, 2020

Grateful Dead and Marilyn Monroe, with masks

Just being.

On masks...(thanks to fellow blogger, Vicki Lane, for posting this on FaceBook.)


And my comment on her FB post:
When I recently (last month) spent 5 days in Mission Hospital, everyone (nursing and doctors) wore regular surgical masks, after they tested me for COVID-19. Before that they wore full PPE. Patients didn't have to wear masks. And 4 visits in the last few weeks to various doctors offices, everyone was wearing regular surgical masks...So there aren't any N-95s around for any medical staff. I'm wearing sugical masks except when shopping, and I put on my one N-95 mask. I keep it in the car where it gets lots of sunrays that might sterilize it. Thanks for sharing this informative talk, Vicki.

A bit of music for today...Playing for Change with these great musicians, Grateful Dead's "Ripple"



Todyay's quote:
Marilyn Monroe said, "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."

7 comments:

  1. ...Ripple is a GREAT tune, give a listen to the Playing for Change Band's version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great "Playing for Change" recordings! I'll look for Band versioin.

      Delete
  2. I think we still have 2 N95 masks in their original packaging from the scare ~10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad that there just aren't more of them around.

      Delete
  3. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing the mask video. That is a great tune! Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great version of Ripple, I love it. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.