Update about blogCa

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

In like a lion

There's the hummingbird feeder, and my sweet purple shamrock in my bedroom window.

This shot was taken while I had the window open. With all the pollen flying around these days, I've had to foresake fresh air and keep air conditioned, which helps my allergies.

But my main reason for writing today is to share how I've changed with this new heart stuff. No more details of medical procedures...but now I'm becoming used to thinking of myself differently.


Slow. Am I the turtle? I certainly feel like it a lot of the time, especially as I walk along.



Long ago I started as identifying myself as a lioness...being born on the cusp of Leo, which birthday has now moved into Virgo, but I always felt more lion than "Virgo, identified as virgin, one who is a person unto themselves." And I certainly have never had the Virgo traits of perfectionism and detail orientation, but more those of female lions who gather in a pride to provide food for everyone. I also have some of the qualities of starting up groups, organizing classes, giving information out to those who seek it.

But today I'm now almost totally vegetarian...eating just fish occasionally. And so this lack of eating meat has also influenced my outlook on life. I'm not as drawn to hunt, to provide the meat for a group or  family.

And today I'm not making pottery any more. I still have a bit of clay, and of course, many colors of commercial glazes. Anyway, I'm taking off my ceramics profession as an identification. I thus am not a "potter."

So playing with the word, and identifying with another animal which I admire, I'm ready to take the "P" away and identify as Otter.

River otter is the only one I know, though sea otters are also beautiful.

I love that otters play so much...in the mud also (like clay). They are such beautiful little animals. I think this person is going to learn more about otters' qualities. Playful. They also eat a lot of fish.


Today's quote:
Between where you are now and where you’d like to be there’s a sort of barrier, or a chasm, and sometimes it’s a good idea to imagine that you’re already at the other side of that chasm, so that you can start on the unknown side.

—David Bohm

12 comments:

  1. You otter like your new animal spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...health issues can be a wakeup call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure makes me grateful to wake up each morning!

      Delete
  3. I like how you identified your new self. River otters are beautiful and strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be much easier to learn about otters than about my new heart guidelines, I think.

      Delete
  4. I like you new outlook. Otters are fun and do funny things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved watching them, in aquariums and zoos there frequently are glass walled pools in which they tumble and swim.

      Delete
  5. Interesting post. There are many sides of us we hardly know ourselves. And to find them is a good thing :) Love all the animals you mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the sides of ourselves which we hardly know...and for today I'll be looking more closely at this animal part of my life. I also could identify with dolphins, sea horses, osprey, chipmunks, butterflies...etc.

      Delete
  6. I read this in a spirit animal book I have
    Otter appears as a Spirit Animal as a wake-up call to be more receptive and aware of emotions in yourself and others. Otter may be telling you to find your voice, as they communicate with unique sounds.
    Another message from the Otter Spirit animal is RELAX. You cannot continue under stress and pressure without it stealing life’s joy from you. Giving to yourself is an act of self-love and kindness that in time manifests as giving to others.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.