Update about blogCa

Thursday, June 11, 2020

A (healthy) light lunch

Greek yogurt (unsweetened whole milk) and huge walnuts...and a gifted nectarine. I was in heaven.
Thanks Tina, for checking to see that I didn't like peaches. I'm sorry I have my strange tastes. I like opening the refrigerator and putting together a meal. I prefer minimal cooking. And I honestly hate to clean up the kitchen. I tend to leave the dishes till I run out of something, like spoons or forks. They are necessary for eating the next meal usually. So that's the driving force of my kitchen.

Today's quote:
Tuesday was the birthday of musician, Cole Porter, born in Peru, Indiana, in 1891. He went to Yale University, where he got horrible grades but wrote and performed more than 300 songs for school shows. He went off to Europe and eventually settled in Paris, where he lived for most of the 1920s. In 1928, he wrote his first big hit, "Let's Do It, Let's Fall in Love," which begins, "Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it." After that his career took off, and he ended up writing hundreds of songs for movies, television, and Broadway shows.



12 comments:

  1. Hello, your yogurt meal looks yummy, almost like a sundae. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...you like nectarines and not peaches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I would need a second helping!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have a similar meal again...perhaps with granola sprinkled over it.

      Delete
  4. You are different than Sue who cannot go to bed with a dirty sink. There's a washing after every maal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I want a wife named Sue! If I lived in a household with more people, we'd share cook/clean duties. But Barbara just does like some things, and doesn't like to do others!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a very yummy light lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only does that look healthy, it looks delicious! Makes me want some right now. I know we have the yogurt and the walnuts, so that might have to do - but I could add some frozen blueberries too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same for breakfast but with blueberries, a banana, walnuts and raisins.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.