Update about blogCa

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Shaggy Dogs and Summer Soltice

An old sepia toned photo... (while trying to compose this on June 12, blogger stopped allowing me to download my photos in the "Compose" editing style, so I had to figure out all the HTML stuff and swore a few dozen times.)




I admit this is within a year old, and as those bluejeans show, it's just edited to look a bit sepia. Not a true sepia photo. But, when shaggy dogs come to mind, Cody is who we have to share. Cody is the grand-dog in my Ohio family shown here with granddaughters!

And here's the star of the family in a portrait.

OK, I'll look for some older shaggy dog photos.

Below may I introduce my son's friend, Barry and his dog, Lucia, with my son Marty on the right. They were attending a Renaissance Fair in the Tampa FL area in 2018. Since that time, Barry has obtained a puppy to keep Lucia company. I want to say some kind of Sheep Dog? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 
(Thanks, Eileen, Burmese Mountain Dogs sounds about right.)


And here's my daughter-in-law, Barbara with the two pups (who really belong to Barry)

Love of a shaggy dog from Sepia Saturday this week.
And sharing with Saturday's Critters too this week!

And another of my grand-dogs...here's one that's not exactly shaggy...Zora. She's a Blue Tick living in Colorado, where I visited in 2019.



And happy Summer Solstice to all my pagan buddies! Just the longest day of the year, my friends!

Today's quote:
I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun. 
-Katharine Hepburn, actress (12 May 1907-2003)

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And to you as well...you're up before the sun (at least at my latitude!)

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Happy Solstice to you! The dogs look like the Bernese Mountain dogs, they are pretty. I love all the dogs, cute photos. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for identifying the dogs. They are sure pretty, but I've never had the pleasure.

      Delete
  3. ...and now we are approaching the dog days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of August when dog days of summer will arrive. Not looking forward to them!

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    I love all your cute dogs and the photos. Hugs for all the pups! Thank you so much for linking up your post. Enjoy your day, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and comment too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first Saturday critters! Just was reading yours and slapped my forehead!

      Delete
  5. The dogs are cute and great photos are. I wish you a nice solstice celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, now you've challenged me to do something to celebrate.

      Delete
  6. HAPPY MIDSUMMER TO YOU, TOO! Cody is cute, but your granddaughters are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bunch of cute dogs, nice photos and a Happy Solstice to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogger photo upload has been very unpredictable lately in my experiences as in yours. I've found that if I wait a while it restores itself, except in the new interface on the iPad which has not worked for me so far. I'm hoping they will debug it all soon.

    Nice photos!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a nice selection of dogs. My family doesn't seem to have taken many photos of our dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet shots of the girls and dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "Blue Tick" looks like what we would call a "Blue Heeler" which is an Australian Cattle dog. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dogs! I can hardly believe it is the solstice already. Time flies even when you're not having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello. All those dogs look so happy. They are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my - Barbara’s pups look like they could drag her quite a distance! Pretty coloring on those dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Solstice to you as well! Such a variety of grand-dogs and all so handsome. Great matches for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely selection of family pets and family memories, but I especially like the photograph of your three granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.