Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 21, 2020

The chicken in the hospital parking lot

I was finally feeling well enough to get out of bed and walk around my room. I wanted to look out the window.


 But what is that live little dark thing by the side of this parking lot, across Biltmore Ave from Mission Hospital?
 No amount of phone enlarging could telll me more...but it was dark and too small to be a turkey, I finally decided.
 I had nothing better to do than watch this strange critter. It was sort of drizzling, but  the chicken didn't seem to mind,


 It did flap its wings a bit, and moved into the area with some kind of light vegetation.

And that was that.

However, there's an epilog to the chicken story.

As Helen and I drove home on Tues. I told her about the chicken, and that it had been too small for a turkey, I thought.  An just as we drove up past McDonalds by the Veterans Hospital, there on the side of Hwy, 70 was a turkey. No kidding. Big, fluffy, moving around.


4 comments:

  1. ...it's nice that you had a room with a view, something that I didn't have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a little break for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am glad you had a view out your window. It does look like a female turkey. Take care! Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to look out those hospital windows. A nice reminder that life out there has surprises like a chicken or a turkey in the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.