Update about blogCa

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Some ducklings

I had just arrived to walk around Lake Tomahawk the other day. But I put on a mask, and noticed nobody else had on one.  Only one woman was running apparently, and one was dog walking. I stopped and let her pass me by. For the jogger, I moved 10 feet off the path upwind of her. I'm at high risk of catching Covid-19 - so I'm really staying as isolated as I can. (I've heard 15 feet is normal for those jogging to expel their breaths.)



Then there were these little fluffy things floating around with male mallards. I didn't see a female anywhere nearby.

 They were very interested in eating something underwater. Good for them!



Quote for today:

We feel like separate water droplets but we are also ocean.
JANE HIRSHFIELD

5 comments:

  1. ...I haven't ducklings this year, but there sure a lot of goslings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, the ducklings are so cute. Great captures of the duck family. Wishing you a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't come across ducklings yet, but I have come across goslings. Maybe I'll get some decent pics in time, but the heron distracted me yesterday. I was very happy for the distraction.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.