Update about blogCa

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Wrens on the balcony

 I'm pretty sure there's a baby bird somewhere under all the moss and leaves.


 But no amount of putting the camera close to the hole will show the bird...

But there's a parent bird bringing bugs in its beak (his tail is just sticking out the hole in the little house.)

It was cold a couple of nights last week, so I worried about the little one, and hoped the parents would be keeping it warm.  Then the next day, suddenly no birds were coming to the nest house...that was on Tues. April 28. I had the living room door open, and was keeping an ear out because they usually cheeped a bit when they landed on the balcony railing.  Nothing.

 I waited till Wed. to pick up the house, put it on the railing, and probe gently with a plastic fork to move aside some of the dead leaves and moss.
Yes, there was a nicely formed nest, made of pine needles. (I have no pines in my immediate views from the apartment.) There were also a lot of pieces of moss that must have been brought out of some planters somewhere.  But no evidence of a bird. The egg shells had also been removed. I hope he fledged and is safely flying around somewhere.


Today's quote:

Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day saying "I'll try again tomorrow."
MARY ANNE RADMACHER




5 comments:

  1. I am sure the baby birds flew away while you were not looking! If something bad had happened, there would be evidence in the nest.
    Great quote!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the wee birds are fine somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, the Wrens are cuties! I love to hear them singing. I hope all is well! Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...nice to see, but they can be a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our porch wren brought her babies out today.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.