Update about blogCa

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

So our relations change...

 This week my middle son, Russ, told me he wanted to access his Ancestry link...that he'd done the DNA test and wanted to learn more about who he's related to.

I did it...as well as gave him invitations to see my other 3 trees which include his father, my mother, and my father's mother. I have more trees that are about the ancestors of the daughters-in-law.

And I've also done preliminary searches for some of my friends who want to learn more about their families.

It's about time I learn other programs that are out there. But I am mainly glad that my years of research to compile these trees can be passed along to the next generation!

Russ and Michelle on their vacation last week to panhandle FL

And another relation, my daughter-in-law who lives in St. Petersburg Beach, FL...posted this cute photo of her being prepared for the tropical storm that's slowly crawling up Florida tonight (Tues.) I hope all is well for her and the rest of my Florida family!



15 comments:

  1. I've often met people who seem to know very little about even their own grandparents, which shocks me because I grew up in a rural family who often spoke about the past. Nowadays it seems that few people have the time or even the inclination to find out. Hope all goes well down in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why there are people who ignore their roots.

      Delete
  2. That is a very interesting photo. I guess taken looking into a mirror and then there's a reflection too. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her Condo has some interesting twists and turns.

      Delete
  3. ...my mother was adopted and never wanted to know about her birth family. Hence I don't know much about my mother's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand folks who were adopted that they then are part of a new family completely.

      Delete
  4. Ah you remind me that I should go back and check on my Ancestry info. It's been years since I logged in and found new family members. Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do check out your ancestry...but put a timer going so you don't slide into the abyss!

      Delete
  5. We grew up knowing a lot of our ancestors. I think it is a fun project to find out who's on the family tree. Hope your Florida people weather the storm without any serious issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear about your family's interest in their ancestors. I can't seem to catch the young people's attention long enough!

      Delete
  6. I got very into genealogy when my husband died and pursued the lines as far as I possibly could without major work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know more about my mom's side than about my dad's side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures. I won't have any descendants past my daughters' generation. I don't know whether anyone will care about my ancestry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The storm did take forever to go up the coast of FL, then across to Jacksonville and then up the Atlantic coast. I didn't hear of any damage from my relatives, so I am considering it was just a lot of rain and wind.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.