The Animas River flows under the Durango-Silverton narrow gauge railroad bridge in Durango's Rotary Park. Part of the Animas River Trail - walking and biking, dog walking and jogging! And benches for resting and reflecting!
Thursday, July 1, 2021
The will to survive
Before:
I didn't allow any of the tomato sprouts to grow.
After:
I may only have one blossom from this poor old Gardenia! But there is one!
Reminds me of a very early post of mine: https://anvilcloud.blogspot.com/2004/07/remarkable-rose.html. The photo no longer links, but the wonder remains. I see that I re-posted this once -- several years later than the original.
When I had a fever the other night, I could smell the gardenia in the next room...it was blasting out its scent so widely. And now of course it's almost dead. Mmm, so am I, perhaps.
Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!
...that poor gardenia!
ReplyDeleteI've pruned it too much...or not enough. But given a good shot of fertilizer, some leaves came through!
DeleteYes! The will to survive.
ReplyDeleteA good lesson for me.
DeleteReminds me of a very early post of mine: https://anvilcloud.blogspot.com/2004/07/remarkable-rose.html.
ReplyDeleteThe photo no longer links, but the wonder remains.
I see that I re-posted this once -- several years later than the original.
When I had a fever the other night, I could smell the gardenia in the next room...it was blasting out its scent so widely. And now of course it's almost dead. Mmm, so am I, perhaps.
DeleteLife finds a way.
ReplyDeleteI can hardly believe it is July already! Love gardenias.
ReplyDeleteLovely bloom, it is a survivor!
ReplyDeleteHave a happy 4th of July weekend!
What a fighter! And a very pretty one too!
ReplyDeleteOne beautiful flower is better than none at all.
ReplyDelete