Update about blogCa

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Sunshine lunch

 Skywatch Friday

It was really warm, so I met a friend for lunch, eating on the patio at Ole's Guacamole! I didn't just go to lunch every other day, but the dolls were seen maybe a week ago, and this visit was just a few days ago! I only eat out once a week! Really! And today in reality is below freezing, so I'm enjoying seeing these photos of sunshine!


This is US Hwy 70... looking east. The cars coming toward us just got off the I-40 exit to Black Mountain, they were going west of course. (There isn't a I-40 exit going east here...it's a few blocks back in the center of town.)



Early in the day, the parking lot is practically empty...so we grabbed a table in the sun...

we took off our jackets and loved the warm sun, next to the creek.

There's now a new wall to keep us from falling in, but there's also a bridge in case we want a closer look. I love the shrimp Baja tacos, and my friend loves a pile of veggies.


Today's quote:

One is happy as a result of one's own efforts once one knows the necessary ingredients of happiness: simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self denial to a point, love of work, and above all, a clear conscience. 
-George Sand [pen name of Amantine-Aurore-Lucile Dupin], novelist (1 Jul 1804-1876)



7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is nice to sit outside at restaurant, enjoying the meal and the sunshine.
    Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had many hours of snow overnight, but it was very fine and also a bit warm, so the accusation isn’t too bad. I suppose that I will be getting the shovel out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely place for a lunch. Nice views there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed several warm days this week, but today it is snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, Looks like the perfect setting for a casual meal! I love shrimp or fish tacos... 67F and sunshine here in East Tennessee yesterday...27F when we got up this morning...with 5 inches of snow on the ground! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.