Update about blogCa

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Walking along

 Flat Creek in Montreat NC in late February...


The old ford across the creek seems to have been blocked...so all those trucks in the maintenance yard (out of sight) must have driven there another way.




The new railings on the bridge aren't half as beautiful as the old rhododendron wood ones. But they are safer!


At the terminus of the path, there's a little falls (see header) and often families make a bit of a dam and create a swimming hole in the summer. Across the creek is someone's house, and they  probably wish the families would go to the park and play in the water up in Montreat proper...where the creek also flows through a playground.

And I just wanted to finish this post by saying how easy it is to enlarge photos once they are on my screen when I'm creating the blog post. I think everyone can do this, though I don't have blogger on my phone, so it might be harder. I just position the cursor on the corner of a photo and pull it toward one of the margins...and voila' it's as big as I want it. I find at my age it's a lot easier to see things in photos when they are twice the size that blogger posts them onto the page. There's also a pull down menu where we can choose a large size for the photos...not sure how to make it turn on...because I do the cursor pull on each of my photos. Of course if the blogger program wanted to notice that I always do that and would make it my default, that would be lovely!!

Today's quote:

Life is a jest, and all things show it, / I thought so once, and now I know it. -John Gay, poet and dramatist (30 Jun 1685-1732)

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I would be happy to have the new safe railings. The creek images are pretty, Looks like a peaceful place. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, safety over beauty wins out. I do like walking there!

      Delete
  2. ...when I load pictures, they load as medium and I just click on them to choose extra large so that my old eyes can see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My laptop blogger loads photos as small...and I will enlarge them before publication. I have found clicking sometimes enlarges, sometimes the run of photos are actually smaller than the published ones. Strange the way these programs vary so much!

      Delete
  3. You can tap on any photo to see it larger and then scroll through all of the photos in a post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but one post this morning (maybe yours) showed me a smaller version of the phone in the "line of photos" rather than a larger one. Strange that different versions do that!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I don't have my phone included in blogging, but on that you can take your fingers apart on an image and make it larger. Not on my laptop however.

      Delete
  4. Bridges, even new ones, like doors and windows are wonderful subjects for photography. They all suggest a world beyond . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, she has the mystical view turned up high today! Now to get back to my mundane world.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a pretty place.
    So good to have new railings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...they do give a bit of security walking over the bridge...which is still very strong itself.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a nice place to walk. Glad they put new railings up or people wouldn't feel safe waking over the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falling from that bridge into the water might be more dangerous that you'd hit a rock easier than the water...which may reach a foot deep under the bridge. I do walk more confidently over the bridge!

      Delete
  7. No night swimming? Pity. I like to walk along streams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks irresistible for swimming and splashing about. Such a pretty stretch with those lovely falls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots!

    For my photo blog I always set posts up by computer. The photos by default are medium, but I click and set them to large.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.