Update about blogCa

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Happy Ides of March (if your name isn't Caesar)

 Sharing with Garden Bloggers bloom day this month! March has so much potential!!





Indoors or outdoors...









These huge drain pipes snake along the downstairs side of my building...taking water from the gutters on the roof above me. Don't miss the tiny grape hyacinth buds in the  closest plant.

I was glad to see these hyacinths still blooming in the bed right below my windows.


For some reason all the daffodils had turned the white variety, so I was glad to see these pure yellow blooms.


Here's the grape hyacinths which came through the snow and freezing temperatures with just a bit of droop! I showed another view of these last week HERE.


Today's quote:
Just as appetite comes by eating so work brings inspiration. 
-Igor Stravinsky, composer (17 Jun 1882-1971)

14 comments:

  1. It's all looking very Spring-like over there - here too. I like the Stravinsky quote as it has the unwritten corollary that neither too much eating nor too much work do you any good at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, that's an interesting corollary. I wasn't even sure I believed Stravinsky's quote...but glad to hear your views. I think your blooming trees show you're a few weeks ahead of us.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful collection of blooms. I love your orchids.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to have the orchids still blooming on their 3rd month. Have a great Tuesday, Eileen!

      Delete
  3. All the blooming flowers there are so beautiful. Ah spring is definitely in full bloom there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a couple of months, I'll have put all my plants outside. Ah, no more leaves falling on the carpet! By next month we'll also have some blooming trees. And then soon I won't be able to see the mountains across the valley as the trees leaf out.

      Delete
  4. What great blooms for bloom day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really grateful for my indoor plants. And I tend to walk around with my phone ready for photos!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks...they are still alive, after about 3 months. I'm so grateful!

      Delete
  6. Your first two pics — orchids and daffs — really go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ready for spring. Growing stuff indoors helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.