Update about blogCa

Monday, March 28, 2022

Playground on the creek

 

No parking right at the entrance to the playground...

So I parked up the hill a bit and walked down. I skipped my walking stick, because I knew it would be all up and down and gravel...and I mainly wanted to take photos.

As I walked in, several children playing in the fort decided to scream at the top of their lungs. After a while, another child asked them to stop yelling. It's part of my memory of that day forever!



In many places the creek is accessible for children. Some places there are rocks just making little dams to make pools. Of course it was too cold to be in the water in March.







I was wrong, one person did try wading (or perhaps just rock hopping) in the stream!




Today's quote:
Euphemism is a euphemism for lying. -Bobbie Gentry, singer and songwriter (b. 27 Jul 1944)

11 comments:

  1. The playground looks wonderful, I am sure the kiddies love this park.
    Your header photo is beautiful. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to bring some children here. It is really crowded in the summertime however. Hope your new week goes well too!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice playground there. I wish I had a playground that looked like that when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...a very nice area for kids to enjoy nature!

      Delete
  3. The playground is in a beautiful location for the kids. Your new header is beautiful, I like it! Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the children did enjoy what they could do there...even with freezing cold water. Thanks for liking the header. I hope you have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  4. A nice playground and walking path near the creek. When we watched grandchildren when they were little we spent a lot of time in various playgrounds and always appreciated how much fun they would have and how tired they were afterward so thta they would take a nap when we arrived back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking, to let the kids play until they wear themselves out, and then the grandparents can also take a rest!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It certainly does. In the past (maybe 5 years ago) there was parking along the side of the street, so lots of people could just drive up from Black Mountain and let their kids play there. I think the present parking situation is really a tough one.

      Delete
  6. it’s a pretty good photo op place, and I love the BG quote.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.