Update about blogCa

Friday, March 4, 2022

The veggie chili


 I'm enjoying this veggie chilli - this is the first bowl of many, because I made 2-1/2 quarts. It's a little short on beans that you see, because I ran a whole can through the blender, turning them into a thickener. The can of chili beans seemed very small compared to tomato paste, a veggie broth, and a whole package of  vegetable hamburger bits.

I had to keep adding spices, because this first bowl was pretty blah. Guess what happened! Yep, the rest of it really has quite a bang! But I have something else that I eat with it, so I'll enjoy it.

Today's quote:

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." - Nora Ephron (1941–2012)

18 comments:

  1. I eat rather a lot of veg chilli and it's the only vegetarian dish that my brother will willingly eat so I generally cook some when he visits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite soupy recipes...especially for cold weather!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Looks yummy, I love chili. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good to me. I wouldn’t mind the ‘less thick’ result that you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still good, maybe for a couple more days!!

      Delete
  4. ...I'll stick with turkey chili.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made chili of any kind. Now I'm inspired to maybe try it. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to like the Wendy's chili, which of course has meat. I've been trying to be plant based...though I keep finding reasons to try something that isn't!

      Delete
  6. We have tofu with our chili and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the beans that I object to. But that's pretty much the key ingredient in chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The digestion of beans can be helped along with a teaspoon of baking soda, I've heard.

      Delete
  8. It sounds good to eat. I love chili but my wife does not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's already a good "go-out-and have-it" kind of dish. THough I admit I would probably prefer lots of other things over it!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.