Update about blogCa

Sunday, March 20, 2022

Having a coffee date

 

Mask lowered while drinking coffee at the Dripolator in Black Mountain!



My friends and I met for a coffee date earlier in this week. It was fun, and we were glad to be able to sit together though there had been a crowd when we first got there. We planned our next outing when we can go visit some book stores in towns nearby. That's what they were discussing, or perhaps a favorite book or two.

I was glad to take their pictures...and they continued their conversation...after I showed them that I captured them smiling of course!

Today's quote:

If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you've got a problem. Everything else is an inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy. A lump in the oatmeal, a lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same kind of lump. One needs to learn the difference. -Robert Fulghum, author (b. 4 Jun 1937)


13 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is great to get out with your friends, enjoy the coffee and talk. Have a great day and happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we got together. I'm aware how important just having the opportunity to be together is to our lives.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a very nice ‘date’. Our provincial mask mandate comes off the books tomorrow. We shall see what people do. I plan to wear mine grocery shopping etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll still wear my mask also in grocery stores. When outside I can decide based on how close together people are to me.

      Delete
  3. A great quote.
    I am not eating out anytime soon. Numbers are rising in Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. I'm aware of the new variant, and watching the numbers closely!

      Delete
  4. Love seeing the photos of you and your friends out together. Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It almost felt like a regular day pre-pandemic. Almost!

      Delete
  5. I would love a coffee date. I need to arrange one with a friend. Just getting out is so therapeutic although I still worry about the virus numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time and visit. Nice quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to do this with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normalcy, or close to it, is very welcome isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.