Update about blogCa

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Sunshine and flowers

 


I was thrilled to see these lovely happy faced daffies at Lake Tomahawk the other day! Yay! 

I however, went to Aldy's on Sunday, and picked up a 6 pack of roses...palest yellow.





This was within minutes of having that sugar water in the vase. They just bloomed right away from their original shapes as buds. I'm afraid the heater is throwing hot dry air their way, they look sort of dried out the next day.

Yep, these are headed to the trash bin tomorrow!


Today's quote:
 When you feel the earth moving, bring yourself back to the now. You’ll handle whatever shake-up the next moment brings when you get to it. In this moment, you’re still breathing. In this moment, you’ve survived. In this moment, you’re finding a way to step onto higher ground.

OPRAH WINFREY


 

19 comments:

  1. ...I'll waiting a while to see these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They often get frozen back, or have snow dumped on them. So I'm grateful to see them this week!

      Delete
  2. Second doffs today. Maybe it was you who had them in yesterdays post since I am behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. OK, it was in another walk which I recently posted. Take care...it will be spring in a while. Just don't hold your breath!

      Delete
  3. Reading blogs when I'm supposed to be exercising. No daffodils here for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea...exercise...I do hope to walk with a friend for about an hour. Enjoy what we each have.

      Delete
  4. I love daffodil season. It's my favorite sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little Tete-a-Tete daffs are flowering nicely. The less said about the rest of them the better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that flavor daff. I'll look them up. Crocus? I know you've had snowdrops. I've never seen them.

      Delete
  6. That's interesting about the roses..I think shop bought roses are often too tightly in bud to open..A tip worth trying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had good results with these buds before...but have to catch them before they start to die, I guess. Maybe in another month I'll treat myself to more roses.

      Delete
  7. Daffodils are always a welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, they are harbingers of the birds, the winds, the rains, and eventually warm weather!

      Delete
  8. Thanks...I am so happy to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I'll see flowers here any day now. I was in Northern Virginia yesterday and saw pansies blooming.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.