Update about blogCa

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Painting, calling Otters

Sharing from another blog...from last week. This may be a bit difficult to experience by some of my readers. But it's possible to enjoy if you turn off your editorial mind, and just watch, look, listen to what's happening!

I love Jackie Morris' art. She used to blog herself...but I guess she's too busy these days. She illustrated The Lost Words, and The Lost Spells, written by Robert MacFarlane, books about nature which are being left out of English dictionaries, and English schools.

See more about Jackie Morris Here, her web site.

Especially for Artists and animal lovers: This YouTube video shows Jackie Morris, UK artist who's illustrated many beautiful books...painting and calling a spell to otters called "Conjuring Otters." Thanks to hecatedemeter blog for sharing this!

I just fell into this 5 minute painting/conjuring video. I hope some other otter lovers, artists, and anyone might also enjoy it.




Today's quote:

You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet. 
-Hal Borland, author and journalist (14 May 1900-1978)

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love otters and enjoyed the video. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...though I've only ever seen river otters. They just have so much fun! Have a good Thursday Eileen!

      Delete
  2. ..I will have to stick with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I agree that capturing otters in ink is something Jackie is talented in doing. I'll love laughing with videos of otters playing.

      Delete
  3. Lovely to watch her create otters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Otters are funny to watch, Thanks for sharing. Nice new header, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just full of play? Thanks for liking the new look.!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed watching the video--very creative. One of the highlights of a trip we made once to California was watching the otters play in Monterey Bay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great treat that must have been. Jackie sure has a good knack of capturing otter's essence.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.