Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 6, 2022

A pescatarian delight

As an almost vegetarian,  I can't quite move beyond eating a seafood dish occasionally. This is one of my favorites, which I seldom get a photo of because I want to eat it while the shrimp is hot from the fryer, and all the juices of two sauces haven't soaked into the tortillas.



It's my "to go" lunch or dinner at Ole's Guacamole restaurant here in Black Mountain. Less than $8.00 for two a la carte Baja Shrimp Tacos.  Not much more if I get a side of beans and rice, but I usually skip those.

Other posts have featured Ole's when we could eat inside or on their patio, the few times we felt safe indoors or it was warm enough to eat outdoors. Here we are in the blue room, and here on the patio, and here again.

I don't eat a lot of the Mexican food any more, though I did love it. But I like supporting a local business, where I get excellent service, and my friends like it also.

22 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your shrimp tacos look yummy. I love the fish tacos, never tried the shrimp taco. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do love fish tacos too, but once I tasted these, I was in love. Have a great week Eileen. I noticed that blogger has already posted your Mon. post (though when I clicked it of course it wasn't there!)

      Delete
  2. That looks good! I concur with your opening sentence, though I'd have to replace the word "occasionally" with "pretty often", if I'm being totally honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm breaking into often by fixing broiled salmon myself tonight. I had it frozen, and thawed it yesterday, but had a huge salad that would go bad, so ate it for dinner. Tonight is salmon and green beans and sweet potatoes.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Actually, a shell fish doesn't have any of the odor of a regular fish...just saying.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It sur was, and I can't believe it but I'm salivating again writing about these tacos!

      Delete
  5. That looks delicious. I haven't had a fish taco in a long time but I always enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some with breading on the fish, and some without. I think I prefer fish without, but oh, these shrimp are breaded just right!

      Delete
  6. I enjoy fish, especially salmon and halibut. I'm not as fond of shellfish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those sound delicious. I'm off in a minute to cook a small piece of salmon, which will provide 2 meals for me.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. These piles of salad certainly are the bulk of the tacos. And often I don't bother eating the shells at all!

      Delete
  8. I'm planning fish tacos with leftovers this week! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what fun, to add other things into a home made taco!

      Delete
  9. Haven't had shrimp in ages. Last time was frozen breaded shrimp that tasty lousy. won't buy that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some products aren't that good. I have lots of other restaurants around here with fried shrimp on their menus, and I admit I haven't tried them. I think it will be too greasy usually!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.