Update about blogCa

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Community garden in February

 

United Plant Savers...member of UpS Botanical Sanctuary

The other day I walked around the Community Gardens in Black Mountain NC. It was windy and cold (in the 30-40s).

The only other people were busy flinging little Frisbees playing Frisbee golf! Several groups!

Approaching from the parking area above the gardens, it looks like a graveyard.


There are some Frisbee golfers in the foreground, I-40 traffic on the Interstate, but I was more interested in the clouds forming over the mountains of the Blue Ridge. Interesting how miles of view are compressed by the iPhone camera!



I should have switched to video, as the wind whipped the plastic covers around.

Sharing with Garden Bloggers Bloomday - February


14 comments:

  1. ...looking out my window, gardening looks a long ways off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Soon the garden will be alive with people and plants growing. Love the mountain view.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least sometime after Mother's Day, for our last freeze date...though they didn't wait till then last year.

      Delete
  3. I am sure that the garden will soon look a titch better. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be a couple of months before any gardening can be done here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be interesting to take a series of pictures of the community garden as it develops over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I can go over there to walk every week or so...then boom, as soon as it's warm, it will change almost daily! But it is a fun thing to walk the paths right in the gardens, not for exercise but to check out what's been planted.

      Delete
  6. I like seeing the community garden there. I look forward to seeing all the changes and growth when spring comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Community gardens are such a fine idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I belonged to a community garden a few years ago and then covid showed up. Had lots of fun and great vegetables, I miss that. We don't have one here where we live now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's one near me that looks just like this!

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.