Update about blogCa

Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day

 It's all about Love!


In Black Mountian, Wednesdays at 5 pm, this group of people stands on our biggest corner with signs to remind us of Love. Many of them are members of my little church also.

I always honk if I happen to see these smiling people! Isn't this the greatest message?

Today's quote:

This being human is a guest house.

Every morning a new arrival.

        A joy, a depression, a meanness,
 
        some momentary awareness comes

 as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows,

who violently sweep your house

        empty of its furniture,


        still, treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.

By RUMI

17 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to you! The smiles are contagious!
    Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what the world needs now is more pink hats. Enjoy a LOVELY day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. Maybe, pink hats still stand for something in my book...resist those who want an autocracy rather than a democracy!

      Delete
  3. What the world needs now is love, sweet love. This is the kind of demo I'm in favour of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day! Love the photo and the Rumi quote. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, Great message for sure! Given our society today, I'm surprised that they haven't attracted counter demonstrators! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think at times there have been some other demonstrators. I'll have to ask my friends what that was about. Glad to happen upon them when I do, I don't schedule going by ahead of time.

      Delete
  7. What a great photo, I love it. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many people these days who really need to be loved...it's a very challenging task.

      Delete
  8. A good shot.

    At the moment, honking horns has a very negative effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, there is that. I hope the protestors will stop soon.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.