Update about blogCa

Monday, February 28, 2022

Finally Feb. 28!!

 Sigh, it has sure felt very long (February) in a lot of ways...weather, missing seeing friends STILL, and just plain the greys of sinter.

First I wish to share my walking stick aka a trekking pole.

When I'm not wearing gloves, I sometimes become uncomfortable if my palm sweats against the grip.

I like that it reminds me of my last trip up on the Parkway. I'll start traveling up there again soon, I hope. But I don't have the breath to really hike the trails anymore.

When I felt like cooking, I did come up with some interesting dishes. Below is a shot of my Falafel salad. Nice romaine lettuce, and for tomatoes I used some in a Bruschetta mix because the ones I had purchased had gone bad. I covered the whole thing with the last of my Blue Cheese Dressing, then mixed the falafel  type of sauce from tahini and hummus with a bit of water. I ate every bite!


Today's quote:

A book of verses underneath the bough, / A jug of wine, a loaf of bread -- and thou / Beside me singing in the wilderness -- / Oh, wilderness were paradise enow! -Omar Khayyam, poet, mathematician, philosopher, astronomer, and physician (18 May 1048-1131)

16 comments:

  1. you have one pole? Usually people have two. I am confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm not going out on rough trails at this point. So this keeps me steady for now. May advance to 2 if I'm ever into real hiking again...very unlikely!

      Delete
  2. An improvised meal, using what's on hand, is sometimes the best of all. As for the words of Omar Khayyam, he would receive my vote as the best poet of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love throwing strange combinations together. Last night on my broiled salmon which had no seasonings, I dumped some Tahini and sour cream...made a nice dressing for it. Now I'm thinking of how to eat the left over Quinoa...it's rather bland though I cooked it with veggie stock rather than water. I love the Khayyam poetry too!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I am glad to see February end, I hope the weather warms up soon too. Your meal look yummy.
    I love the quote today! Take care, enjoy your day. Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...a short month has finally finished. There are daffodils showing their faces out there! Have a great week, and especially Monday!

      Delete
  4. ...this short month went quickly. Enjoy a safe and healthy March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it all depends on whether I'm having fun or not...how long February seems. I immediately thought you must have had a lot of fun in February. I'm sure looking forward to March!

      Delete
  5. Oh you remind me how much I love falafel. We haven't had it in such a long time. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to give you a falafel boost. Enjoy. I've got another pack to make, but first have lots of fresh things to eat before they spoil. Went to Aldy's yesterday and brought home more veggies that I should. It's something about my eyes vs. stomach.

      Delete
  6. The Parkway is a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodbye February!
    I love romaine lettuce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With my trekking poles I need to wear gloves, too - in summer I use a pair of garden gloves with the finger tips cut off. I walk with two poles for exercise but in winter when the streets are icy I also sometimes take just one when for example going shopping (needing one hand free to carry stuff etc).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That salad looks great! I have one tall walking stick but am considering switching to trekking poles for walking around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have more steep inclines to deal with, so something that really steadies you sounds good. I am mostly walking on low slopes, and pavements.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.