Update about blogCa

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday brunch and a surprise

 


Very vegan...the fake sausage was passable. But I won't buy it again. Last time was too spicy, this time too bland. My bread has no-milk-products-butter on it. And the orange...what can I say.



This navel orange kind of tore apart. Interesting to consider each little jewel holding the juice. But I think it was mainly just old. Tasted good though!

The surprise...

Nicely sheltered with a southern exposure, this greeted me at my usual parking place when I pick up meal to-go. I hope it weathered the freeze that night!

Today's quote:

Prayer is not sending in an order and expecting it to be fulfilled. Prayer is attuning yourself to the life of the world, to love, the force that moves the sun and the moon and the stars.

BR. DAVID STEINDL-RAST

17 comments:

  1. My neighbour's daffodils are flowering nicely as are many in the village, but mine are just very patient buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any on our grounds at all. I do hope they've survived the terroristic landscaping ccrews!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I love the surprise daffodil, very pretty. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was nice to find that flower. Hope you have a great week, Eileen!

      Delete
  3. It is Sunday, actually Sunday this time, and I shall make French toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, now inquiring minds want to know what bread you use for your famous French toast...

      Delete
  4. I love daffodil season. It always makes me so happy to see their beautiful springtime blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so brave usually, with many a freezing night after they bloom.

      Delete
  5. What a surprise! It is going to be a while before we see those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only one...I need to go further afield and keep my eyes open.

      Delete
  6. Now that is a wonderful surprise. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a flower blooming in such cold weather is a nice thing to look at!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. That must be why they are so welcome in early spring! Incidentally, I just noticed we have plants with leaves about 6 inches tall. So flowers will be here sometime soon!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.