Update about blogCa

Friday, April 30, 2021

The scene at Ole's Guacamole

 

A strange antique at our favorite Mexican restaurant...but I was trying to catch the 2 doves by the far wheel of the buggy...who were happily preening and ignoring the patrons of the restaurant.


We wished we had been seated in the sun, as it was chilly over by the creek. Sometimes you make choices based on beauty vs. comfort. I went over and sat on that orange bench for a while to warm up. Mrs. Ole' does most of the decorating at the restaurant. There are lots of decorations featuring Mexican artist, Frida Kahlo.

Flat Creek runs right by the patio seating of the restaurant, connected by a footbridge to a motel.

I used the pano setting for the header. But I kind of like when the creek comes by at a more realisting angle.

Todday's quote:

As we build bridges and even become bridges, we will be doing a service to the world.

JOHN A. POWELL

16 comments:

  1. ...Mexican restaurants here rarely have much decor, perhaps a sombrero or two hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of "branch Ole's" now...and I haven't visited them yet. These decorations are most enjoyable for me.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    The decorations are cute, I would like sitting in the sunshine. The creek images are pretty and I like the little gazebo.
    Great quote! Have a great day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll enjoy sitting by the creek when the temperatures get a bit higher. I do like seeing that creek with the cold mountain water streaming by. Happy weekend to you all as well.

      Delete
  3. Recently, I spied two doves being very friendly on the garage roof. I took phone pics, but I haven't looked at the yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doves are strange birds, seeming to act pretty stupid, it seems. I wonder if they really are, or just pretend that way.

      Delete
  4. That looks like a lovely place for outdoor dining. Beautiful views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and the tables are pretty well spaced. I'm still only interested in eating outdoors at restaurants, but several have patios of some kind in this area.

      Delete
  5. That footbridge particularly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty nice, but I don't think I've ever crossed it.

      Delete
  6. What a nice scene to enjoy while dining outside. I would sit in the sun too.
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scenic pictures. I now crave Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, That is a beautiful setting for any restaurant. Could even get by with mediocre food... Love Spring don't you!? Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.