Update about blogCa

Monday, April 5, 2021

Some minor thoughts about medical care

 Oh why oh why do I put my faith in this medical profession? And my life?

I remembered Saturday, that during my stay at the Emergency Department, another test had been performed. I looked it up on line, where "lab results" are listed in the patient portal. This is an attempt to perhaps inform folks of the results of their treatment.

So my conclusion is that the symptoms I reported, in the order that they came and went, became just a check list. For example, when I said I had two days of the runs, but then became normal again, it somehow gave diarrhea as a symptom of my condition. And my nausea, or car sickness, on the ride (backwards) to the hospital, became something they wanted to treat.

And so I got 2 prescriptions for symptoms I didn't have upon discharge.

And the missing test? To see if I had the flu... I had clearly informed everyone that my COVID test on Thurs. at Range Urgent Care had negative results. But I never heard that the flu test results were positive or negative. However, right there on this up-to-date chart it says I was tested and had a negative Covid test.

Mmmm, something smells fishy in Denmark.

My good fortune was that I called my pharmacist today and said I didn't need those prescriptions that had been sent in, and she was happy to delete them, I could ask for them any time in the future.

I am feeling quite a bit better...have about 3 good hours of very minimal activity, then need to lie down a while. Glad I have a Louise Penny novel on audio from the library, and though I've read it before, I spend some time daily listening to it.

And my Easter Dinner was that wonderful Thai dinner that I'd bought back on Friday. I admit broccoli and peanut sauce and tofu was just totally mouth watering, though I only had a very small serving.

There's one more activity I took today, which you won't really appreciate through the internet. I took a shower. I stood in that hot water as long as I could, then peeled off the dozen stickers for leads to a heart monitor machine. And now I no longer offend my own sense of smell, which incidentally I never lost!



10 comments:

  1. ...I hope that you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Easter was quiet. Bunnies and eggs were for the young and I was happy to just relax most of the day.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Barbara
    I am glad you are feeling better. Moving around, eating and a long hot shower are good signs. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...I liked your spring photo today on your blog. I'm taking baby steps to return to my regular life!

      Delete
  3. I recently reported to a doctor about the steps that I had to take to deal with a condition. He was pleased that the steps I had taken were helpful rather than worry about the necessity to take those steps in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you know some things that help your condition. Yes, where did medical help drop back and leave us to fare on our own?

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know that shower was probably a delight. Your mention of getting drugs you didn't need reminds me of the time I told the doctor I didn't want the strong pain killers but he prescribed them anyway and in such a quantity you'd think he was trying to get me addicted. Thankfully at the time I had a resource where I can pass them in to be disposed of properly because flushing down the toilet is not a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are feeling better, Barbara. What a bummer about the medical care you got there, though. Stay healthy and safe and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a bit of an old picky lady...and see that I still have to be the person in charge of my health. It has always been that way.

      Delete
  6. We have to be so vigilant these days. And when we're ill, we're not at our best! I'm glad that you're better and had such a yummy dinner. I love Thai food! From my one experience with leads, I was still finding them a couple days later.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.