Update about blogCa

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Helping others as others help me out

The other day I offered a ride to a friend who's recently had knee surgery. It also gave me a chance to do a couple of errands of my own. Then, after she repaid me in coffee, I drove around the neighborhood a bit. I admit I should have gone right home, because when I finally did I was pretty exhausted. It takes many more days to recover from being sick for me now.


I had to pull over to see that there were actually people out on the Croquet Court playing, in nice white clothes no less, so they looked quite official!



This is the season that Lake Tomahawk has been drained. I don't know why, but it does stop it from having a season of new ducklings and goslings. I kind of liked seeing them following their parents around the lake. But I know they often were food for other critters unfortunately.


Again, the dogwoods are a bit sparse this season of high daytime temperatures.

I've been quite fortunate in having friends help me out as I recuperated from my mysterious (pneumonia or flu?) disease.



Today's quote:

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.

CARL GUSTAV JUNG

7 comments:

  1. ...playing croquet in nice white clothes sure is a classic activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was such etiquette about croquet. I remember once being asked to leave a private tennis court because my attire didn't match the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy croquet playing you saw there. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to help others and to accept help too. Croquet! Look forward to playing it in daughter's yard soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I am forced to play croquet, I wear my worst clothes because I'm usually throwing myself on the ground in frustration. Glad you are feeling better--take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't want to wear white clothes while playing croquet. I never liked white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there is any designated space here for croquet.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.