Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Preparing for Halloween

 





And in thinking of our ancestors, part of the celebration of Halloween, I came across this which summarizes pretty well my sentiments.

I

My grandmother came from a long line of New England Swaseys, so perhaps way back when (before the changes in spelling of their names) we might have been related to Patrick. I like to think so...



I do hope nobody (kids) messes up the cute arrangements at the various "Welcome to Black Mountain" signs.


Today's quote:

​​Sometimes an abyss opens between Tuesday and Wednesday but twenty-six years could pass in a moment. Time is not a straight line, it’s more of a labyrinth, and if you press close to the wall at the right place you can hear the hurrying steps and the voices, you can hear yourself walking past on the other side.

—Tomas Tranströmer
The Great Enigma

16 comments:

  1. ...the popularity of Halloween has left me in the dust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has sure turned into something different than it was when I was a kid!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Love the Halloween images. The welcome sign looks pretty with the decorations.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kittens in the pumpkin were my favorite image I saw this year!

      Delete
  3. Luv the kittens, sign and conenction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AC...I love kittens, and am so glad we have a beautification committee in town to do these nice displays. I really liked what Patrick Swayze said!

      Delete
  4. That quote is marvelous. Is that what happens when I dream overnight of things past?
    Getting ready for Halloween here will also include carving three pumpkins - one for each granddaughter to each of their specifications. we have the candy ready and the house should be all painted too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like good fun! Candy for trick or treaters? Or do you go with your granddaughter's while they trick or treat the neighbors?

      Delete
  5. I love that quote--perfect for this liminal time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was glad to find it also. I'll be posting about a lot of people who have gone to the other side on Dia de lose Muertos...which I think is Nov. 1

      Delete
  6. Lovely Patrick Swayze quote. So interesting that you might be long-ago related to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to be related to him to enjoy his spirit, as well as a great actor and dancer!

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful display in front of the sign, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the beautification committee does a great enhancement.

      Delete
  8. That is such a cute bundle of kitty cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So can you dance? Or at least get dirty?

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.