Update about blogCa

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Miniature donkeys

 I loved the friendly donkeys...who let me pet them out on the patio at the Bush Farmhouse Restaurant.








Taking a picture of a big old pig wasn't very easy.

I didn't see the animals again in my area of the restaurant while waiting for my friends, or during our meal.

I did have a rather pricey but delicious beet and cheese and arugula salad. I'd never heard of the cheese, and probably it's not on my diet, but a soft round which was really good. I love beets in salads. It was called Beet Burrata, and didn't have berries which are on the menu, but the sage anchovy dressing was most agreeable.

The hamburgers which my friends ordered cooked "rare" were well done, because (the chef said) there is pork sausage in with the beef, and it needs to be cooked to that temperature.

Today's quote:

Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world all at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

12 comments:

  1. The donkeys are cute, but as for your meal, I can't abide beets. The burger sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the donkeys...you sure wouldn't have ordered the beet salad. For me it was a treat.

      Delete
  2. ...and that's a lot of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he/she's known as a pot-bellied pig. I had thought they were smaller...but obviously not like guinea pigs!

      Delete
  3. Cute critters at that restaurant. I love beets. We grow them, and they are yummy in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love eating beets, but not preparing them. Funny about that. Yes, cute critters were an added attraction. Getting there early I got to see them.

      Delete
  4. Very cute company. I like beets, though it's been awhile since I've had them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess people either like them or not...no in between!

      Delete
  5. Those are rather tiny donkeys. Sounds like a very good choice from the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The donkeys are adorable. And the pig looks like a sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the donkeys! It is hard to take a pig portrait cuz they keep their heads down low.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.