Update about blogCa

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Black Cats and flowers

 


Having had a beautiful black cat who lived over 14 years with me, I really love that someone made an appreciation day for the kind.  He had long hair which was sleek and soft. I don't really know which day this was posted on FaceBook, but I liked it.

He was officially my son's cat, who went off to college and thus I got to care for him of course.

(Not my cat...found on the internet!)

I made sure to keep him inside around Halloween, especially when I lived in an urban environment. I'd heard tales about some people using black cats in rituals for Satanism...and I didn't want to take any chances.


Another black cat, not mine! They are all over the FaceBook pages these days!

Our black cat was named after Captain Kirk on Star Trek...as the pronunciation would be by Dr. McCoy...Keptain was our cat's name. Well, that was the short version. "Keptain Kirk of the USS Kitty-pride" was the full version.

A preteen boy doeth have imagination!


Muffin and Keptain (the black)

And a bouquet to share, which has been bringing some fall cheer to my living room.





Today's quote:

May I be filled with compassion for myself and others.

 May I hold myself with care and respect. 
May I treasure my life.
 May I be filled with kindness.” 
 
Plant these loving thoughts, water these seeds of well-being, 
over and over until they take root in your heart and mind.
 ~ Jack Kornfield



8 comments:

  1. Happy Black Cat Day! The flowers are beautiful. Love the quote for today!
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was beautiful. As are your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about black short haired cats that you want to pet them. Never had a black cat though. Came across a photo recently of Pepper the cat we had growing up. He had nine lives for sure and managed to survive lots of moves: MD, 2 places in GA, and VA. He lost his life crossing a busy road. His name was Pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name of your black cat...Keptain Kirk of the USS Kitty-Pride! That is the best name. Beautiful kitty cats and lovely bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bouquet! I took over my daughter's black cat when she taught in Korea for a year and then refused to give her back. ;) She is a short hair: very sleek and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers and the cats are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of the many cats my family had, my favourite was a black one named Misty. An eccentric, skittish, but very gentle soul.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.