Update about blogCa

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Irma's in Old Fort

 

Sorry for sunshine glare off car's windshield.

I had to try one of those yellow tomatoes...I'll let you know how I like it in a day or so...





They had some really beautiful large mums for sale.


My friend was hoping to find Indian Corn, as well as a special pumpkin for a little statue in her yard.



These were the Dahlias blooming near the car. Over in the vegetable garden, there were a lot more!



A really beautiful farmer's market...right a couple of turns off the interstate. It's a bit of a ride from Black Mountain, so we had a couple of other sites to see in Old Fort.


 

Today's quote (yes I might as well share them, since I collect them from all over the place!)

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very narrow field. -Niels Bohr, physicist, Nobel laureate (7 Oct 1885-1962) 

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Lots of goodies, I love eggplant and tomatoes. The mums are beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...beautiful colors of the harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We chose mums with muted, pastel shades this year. We'll be back to bold and bright next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great Farmer's Market. Wonderful selection of yummy veggies. Lovely flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the decor of fall. Mums are so beautiful. I need to start going to Farmers Markets; there is one in my town and several in my vicinity. I hate the thought of parking. I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the farmers market. Lots of great veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good looking veggies. Daughter Emily picked up our weekly share of veggies today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great quote! I also think an expert knows where to look for answers.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.