Update about blogCa

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Lunch with(out) the animals

 Actually most of them were out in the garden, and only one donkey came into my dining area, and was easily steered out to the garden by one of the staff, and that was before we ate.

I got there early, at The Bush Farmhouse, which has gone through several changes over the years When I moved here in 2007, it was a little farmers market which was owned by folks who soon became friends of mine. It was a bit pricy but local produce was available all year round.

Later owners put a lot of effort into raising various veggies right on the property...and those beds are still active.

Well, the chickens thought this dirt had just the right bugs or worms for them to scratch up.

There's patio seating where the little donkeys were walking, before any customers came in. They are miniature donkeys.


This was our table, where lone little me sat for a half hour waiting for my friends. In the meantime about 6 other tables were set up, most on the patio. This area is kind of halfway inside and halfway outside.


It's also where the bar is situated.

I really enjoyed reading the menu, then asking for definitions of some of the words...this is South African cuisine.


OK, I've already shown you a lot, so let's do other photos tomorrow!

Today's quote:

The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas-covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal, is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A little too farm-like for those sitting outside. But I think the animals were all penned up by the time customers arrived.

      Delete
  2. I like those rustic sorts of tables,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That menu has my mouth watering. Also, I love the Douglas Adams quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had some lovely surprises. I had not remembered Adams said that!

      Delete
  4. It surprises me that a restaurant has a pet miniature donkey that sometimes strolls in.
    Love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was penned when customers started coming at lunch time.

      Delete
  5. Not sure I'd like the animals so close by. Quite a varied menu. Sardines? Picked fish? Duck? What did you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a long wait before my friends could get there, so enjoyed meeting and taking animals photos. They disappeared by the time customers (more than a few) came. I had the interesting beet salad, which was very good, and the anchovy dressing wasn't too salty either!

      Delete
  6. That's nice that the animals can be close to the people, I like that! The miniature donkey is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like a petting farm to walk around the vegetable beds...though I didn't pay much attention to the vegetables!!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.