Update about blogCa

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

More of the old cars

 What were you driving in the 50s and 60s? Or riding in? And some of these were probably what your parents might have driven...or wished they had.





There were several that had been created from other cars, so they didn't exactly look like what they'd started with.




OK, this is the one I couldn't identify, and forgot to go look for more info. Any ideas? (Thanks Tom, who said Rambler...and I should have known, remembering the song of the Nash Rambler who was stuck in second gear...beep beep)





10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I remember my uncle having a neat Thunderbird. My son would love the pickup truck. They are all cool classic vehicles.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the last one is a Rambler. The great things about car shows in New York is we have registration stickers on the windshield that tells the year and make of the vehicle. I first take a picture of it and then the vehicle. My memory isn't what it use to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool little car. Me too, at art shows especially, a photo of the card identifying the artist, then a photo of the art. Didn't feel quite as inclined over the cars, and many didn't have anything but a number for the placement in the show.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love that aqua (?) hybrid. And the bronze truck. When I was n college, my brother and I co-owned a used MGA-- I loved that car

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they pretty? Well, whatever word cars get for showing off.

      Delete
  4. Barbara, Love the old cars. My stepfather was hooked on Hudsons. My first car was a 56 red and white 4-door Olds...and I burned up the engine. When I was 18, I was 'cruising the Ave' in my mother's baby blue Ford Falcon, not exactly a magnet for the young ladies. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our first car when we married in 63 was a blue Falcon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nuthin in the 60s. We got a 58 Pontiac in 62.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel older when I see these "antiques."

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.