Update about blogCa

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Gift cards

My Ingles Grocery store, here in Black Mountain (which means it's mine!) had this kiosk displaying many kinds of gift cards.

I was sitting waiting for their new pharmacy to provide me with my booster shot last Mon. and noticed this. It must be worth a few big thousands of dollars, I thought, with the lower cards having prices as much as $50...each. I wondered if this reflects what bitcoins really are. Potential to purchase. Maybe.

I got my 3rd Moderna shot, finished my Starbucks Americano (which wasn't all that good - I think she used regular coffee rather than a shot of espresso)...and went off to do my shopping. Later in the day I noticed the site of the shot was very tender, so I took some ibuprofen. And that made me drowsy, so I took a nap. It doesn't take much to convince me to take a nap. I learned from the best, many cats in my history! The site of my vaccination was sore for the next several days, but not enough to keep me from lying on my side to sleep.

And thus I shared my experience of staring at the many gift cards...and then some!

And I thanked those who sent me birthday gift cards - through the web. I love them!!

Today's quote:
 

Joy is not a luxury, it is not a privilege. It is a resilience-giving, life-giving birthright and we can’t call forth in the world something we don’t believe in and embody…and it is as powerful as anger.

KRISTA TIPPETT

19 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The gift cards are nice, my son and DIL love receiving a gift card. I have seen rack of them at our local CVS and even various food stores, Home Depot and Lowes. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I've enclosed many with various birthday and Holiday cards too. I never knew for sure where the grands liked to shop however, so have stopped doing that! They get silly cards still from me.

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear you've had your booster. Don't expect we will get ours until the fall. Is it 6 months after the second dose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard the 8 month recommendation, but hadn't heard it yet when this opportunity came along. With my lung disease already, Im pretty sure I wouldn't survive COVID.

      Delete
  3. ...selling gift cards is very profitable because are never used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true...I'm sure many get lost in the wrapping paper of festive occasions.

      Delete
  4. They come in handy when we need to ship a gift cross country, especially here where the shipping costs of gifts can almost be as high as the purchase cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Just need to be sure that the recipient shops there, or goes to those movies etc.

      Delete
  5. Good you got your booster! I hope to get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still wearing my mask around other people, especially indoors.

      Delete
  6. I think we may be headed for booster shots here soon. Hope you are feeling well today. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping all my friends who want one will be able to get them. I'm feeling very chipper today. You all stay safe too!

      Delete
  7. Our government are still dithering about whether we need a booster shot. There was talk at one time of doing it at the same time as the flu jab but I got a text the other day reminding me to book the flu jab with no mention of boosters. I got a gift card the other day for filling in a survey, only for £5 but not bad for a few minutes of online clicking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to postpone my flu shot this year, having found out that they are only supposed to last 6 months...and around here people still get sick in April and May.

      Delete
  8. I love gift cards and when I buy any I get double points at my grocery store. (toward gas purchases) I really want that booster shot! Hopefully in the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thinking...I don't know of any places that do that here. Will ask my friends if they know of some. I've gotten points to reduce my gas purchase in Sept...now just to use up the tank I have by then! Hope you can get your booster shot soon.

      Delete
  9. If they're like the ones I've used, they have to be activated at the cash anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right...they only represent the potential of hat much buying power.

      Delete
  10. Oh, I didn't know they were giving booster shots already. Glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.