Update about blogCa

Monday, August 9, 2021

Checking out some old cars


 A nice touch of flowers as I walked up to the parking area in front of the Town offices building...which used to be (well I'll show you in a minute.) Since Mellie Macs nursery is right across the street, I dare say she offered to put this beautiful garden spot in for the town, or our great Beautification Committee of volunteers in Black Mountain.

We had a hatchback Mustang back in the 60s...ours was baby blue. But it really wasn't very good as a family car!

Not sure of this one...just look at those fins! (By comment I'm going with a 1960 Chevy Impala)

A bit of a hotrod, with lowered everything...but it doesn't show in this shot.

Not in the car show, but I love our new fire truck!

Thanks to comments, this is a 53 Ford!

The Avanti was fun looking, and I remember seeing just a few of these on the roads...back when...



It was fun seeing the people walking around - just as much as some of the creative vehicles!


The entrance to the town offices...where the old sign for Carolina Foam and Fabric left some shadows on the concrete.

I'll save a few of these cars for another post later. Thanks for stopping by.







18 comments:

  1. The car shows are very popular. I love the garden and colorful blooms.
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen, there was a whole lot of pavement around that tiny little garden...I'm glad I took it's photo.

      Delete
    2. If I hadn't had too much sun by the time I finished walking around all the cars, I might have gone to see Mellie Macs flower gardens/nursery across the street. But I was stumbling along at the end of my circuit. It was high noon, unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. ...you found some great wheels. The green Ford under the firetruck is a '53! I will be waiting to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'll be glad to add the designation of the Ford...I was hoping someone else knew some of the cars I didn't know.

      Delete
  3. Nice car show. The one with the fin looks like a 1960 Chevrolet Impala. My family had one very similar to the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great...I never knew that a 60s Chevy had those fins!

      Delete
  4. I am not a real car guy, but it is nice to see the oldies from time to time, not that there have been any times here for the past two years. I think that one with the fins might have been circa 59-60. I can recognize 57s and 58s, so that one was later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have your input too. I'll include it when I update the photo captions!

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen a car show in ages. Always nice to reminisce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing all these vintage cars, Barbara. The hotrod was my favorite as it is so unique and I loved the jade green color of the 53 Ford! I have plans to visit a ranch of a man who has a large Dodge Rambler car collection--he even calls his ranch Ramblin' Ranch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like fun Pat...I actually had one of those Ramblers (but I think it was a Nash) Would love to see photos from that Ramblin' Ranch!

      Delete
  7. Old American cars are so evocative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This show sure had some variety...and I do have more pics to share later this week.

      Delete
  8. Those are some beauties, all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though I guess I'm not a real car buff, just have seen a lot of these around.

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.