Update about blogCa

Thursday, August 4, 2022

You mentioned food...

 My salad for lunch today.

I love having the banana bites available when the seasoned dressing is too hot. Whew, I could see the cayenne floating in it. I will try using one of my own like blue cheese, or ranch maybe next time. I ususally get 2 of these big salads out of one order at the caterer called "That Salad."




Fresh organic corn on the cob with leftovers of salmon, green beans and mushrooms and basmati rice with a marmalade vinegar sauce. I needed more marmalade or less vinegar. It's a jar of marmalade that is very dry so it won't spread on toast, but I love the flavors...so cook with it sometimes.


I try to help this business stay going...stopping for my fav take-out personal pan mushroom pizza and a side salad, hold the cukes, with blue cheese dressing. (Note, I save the crusts and dip them in the dressing!

Today's quote:

“Love is that condition in the healing spirit so profound that it allows us to forgive.” Maya Angelou



18 comments:

  1. ...I love pizza, but have it sparingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...probably once a month. And no meat. Just the cheese is enough "off my dietary guidelines!"

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Your meals look delicious. I love pizza, I would keep the pizza place in business. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s just about time for corn on the cob. Maybe for family dinner next week if it’s not too hot. Otherwise the boiling will really steam up the kitchen and the person doing the boiling. That would usually be Sue, who really feels the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I microwave my corn...but of course one ear at a time. Wrapped in wax paper, after shucking the corn. 2 minutes an ear. Leave in the wax paper until serving, very hot. (Twist the ends of the wax paper after rolling the ear up in some.) Kitchen won't get hot. No boiling water. Other option is using a grill...

      Delete
  4. One of the best things about getting older, I find, is knowing what I like to eat and just pleasing myself, with no-one else to consider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckling as I read that. I do embrace that joy of being an elder!

      Delete
  5. All of it looks good. Looking forward to enjoying daughters' and sons-in-law's cooking next week as we gather for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of what I'm looking forward to also. But only one daughter in law coming, and what will the three sons, not to mention 4 adult grands and 1 teen grand coming! I am highly worried...or at least anxious to the nth degree. On the other hand, I'm going to buy the groceries they need, for whatever they want to have.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you're eating well! I love using marmalade in recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. There are some days that aren't as good as this, and some much better; such is life.

      Delete
  7. I tend to favour carrot salads.

    I like corn, but I don't go for corn on the cob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how do you fix a carrot salad? Seriously I've only had shredded carrots with raisins and I don't think much else. My teeth are too old to do corn on the cob again...so off it goes! (off the cob I mean.)

      Delete
  8. It all looks like delicious food, Barbara. I too enjoy corn on the cob, but not as often as when younger for similar reasons to your own (sigh). The pizza place has cute artwork on the window.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.