Update about blogCa

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Exercise

 For me, it's at least every other day, getting my heart to work a bit...and whenever I can stop to take a photo, I catch my breath.


For the last month the water main under the driveway uphill from me, has leaked. It has started growing green stuff on the pavement where it's always wet. I avoided stepping on the slippery stuff. It leaked quite a bit last year, and finally the water company fixed it (thus all the patches in the driveway.)



My turn-around point if I've gone uphill to the apt. complex entrance.


This road outside the entrance is not one I choose to walk on...ditches on each side of narrow lanes on the steep hill.



Just look at the strange mushroom I found. I recently watched the Fantastic Fungi movie, and highly recommend it. I think it was on Neflix, but it's available other places too.


When I look at all my plants on my porch, they pale in comparison to Sharon's bountiful potted beauties.


Being in the shade, the last night's rain hasn't dried off these roses yet. Since there are no water drops on leaves, I figure it's not dew.



Our community gets mail daily in locked mail boxes for each unit. And frequently people come to pick up their daily news after the mail truck leaves, shown here on the hill in front of the porch.

Today's quote:
"If history were taught in the form of stories, it would never be forgotten." 
Rudyard Kipling

 


12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is good to get outdoors for a walk and exercise. The flowers on the porch look beautiful.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that fungi movie and loved it. I might have to watch it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice walk in the neighborhood there. it's good to get out and see what's growing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AFAIK every new subdivision in Canada for about 25 years has community mail boxes. But not older neighbourhood — yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I keep getting stuck behind the mail truck making rural deliveries to boxes by the road, he stops, there's no room around him unless I take a chance on cars I can't see on the other side of him! Fun.

      Delete
  5. A great walk! Your neighbour has lots of plants! I have to water mine every day, it's been so dry. That water main issue looks awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty roses. Kipling was partly right about history, but people still get stories confused. I can’t help thinking about how history was once passed on the form of songs.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.