Update about blogCa

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Happy birthday Russ

 After having spent a weekend with you and two of your daughters, I know I wished you a happy birthday several times.

But then we had to get into our various vehicles and all go our separate ways, backing into our diverse lives...you to Ohio, me to Black Mountain NC, your brother and his kids to Florida, and you other brother and wife to Colorado.

So what a wonderful time we all had being "family" for a change. It was a bit hard for some of us introverts...but we managed.

So once again, I am so proud of you and all your accomplishments...as well as being part of a loving family. And I miss you so much!

Last view of cabin as we left in the fog.



Today's quote:

If we would have new knowledge, we must get us a whole world of new questions. -Susanne Langer, philosopher (20 Dec 1895-1985)

16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Russ, looks like a fun get together. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a fun get together! I will have many memories of our times shared.

      Delete
  2. I have never thought of you as a fellow introvert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I and several of my grandchildren may well be...we enjoy getting our energies from being alone...rather than a group.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see family together. But I totally understand the introvert thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a mix of being with people and being alone are probably best for me. I have a habit of being alone which got pretty extreme in the pandemic monk thing.

      Delete
  4. ...how do kids grow up so quickly, our son will be 51 soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the questions that wise people are supposed to answer (or at least fake it!) Not me!

      Delete
  5. Great to have a family get together...I am really missing ours. Even close family meets have been very far and few between.
    Like you I feel that I enjoy them but am a little relieved when it's over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a wonderful feeling of a let down sigh when things are over. But then I look for someone to talk with (living alone now) and try texting or calling friends. I'll get used to it again!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to Russ! Looks like a lovely gathering and celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really pretty great! My three sons and grands, one wife and myself...all got along for 3 days!

      Delete
  7. It's nice you had a family get away Barbara! I totally get the "introvert" feeling, as my siblings and I are the same

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to remember to balance my introvert comfort with civilized contacts, so mold doesn't grow on my ears!

      Delete
  8. Barbara, Looks like a great family get together... I am a bit of a loner as well, and I'm quite content with it...as is my better half. As to your college experience, it sounds like you went to Principia College at Elsah Illinois. Elsah will be my next post... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.