Update about blogCa

Sunday, August 7, 2022

More good things in my life!

 

Anders Logerg and his concrete Willendorf goddess statue. 

As depicted on Facebook...



Anders made sketches based on the original Willendorf Statue, making his initial sketch 8,000 times bigger. (She ended up being even larger!)

Anders Løberg began on April 14, 2021. She was constructed with steel rods on a sturdy foundation. Anders added to Her for months, carrying cement on foot from the store down the street on his trailer.

She is over 6ft tall and 4ft wide, weighing in at more than 2 tons. She is made primarily of cement made from sea shells, but also many upcycled materials, including broken pieces of my Grandmother's China, oyster shells, steel, chicken fence, steel wire, old tools, birds net, rope and more!) Her breasts are mixed with milk; Her womb and yoni are mixed with menstrual blood; her belly is filled with pasta, red wine and other goodies. Her head is filled with early proof copies of Girl God Books.

She was unveiled in a ceremony for the 1,000 Goddess Gathering on October 23, 2021 - however due to the weather, Anders was not able to finish Her hair. The hair ended up taking quite a while to finish, as the cement had obviously been long-dry!

She was completed on July 30, 2022. byTrista Hedren, wife of sculptor.
She is finished!
The Goddess of Willendorf Statue is over 6ft tall and 4ft wide, weighing in at more than 2 tons. She is made primarily of cement made from sea shells, but also many upcycled materials, including broken pieces of my Grandmother's China, oyster shells, steel, chicken fence, steel wire, old tools, birds net, rope, and more!) Her breasts are mixed with milk; Her womb and yoni are mixed with menstrual blood; her belly is filled with pasta, red wine, and other goodies. Her head is filled with early proof copies of Girl God Books.
Well done, Anders Løberg! I love you!
by Trista Hedren



Trista said: "My first look at Her in Vienna, Austria in January, 2018. I still get emotional seeing this photo. It was a magical moment, and I will never forget it."

She is over 25,000 years old and was worshiped as a Mother Goddess.



Yes, AC, I got the app for the kaleidoscopes on iPhones. It's certainly fun!


OK, here are the original photos...



It very nicely ignored my window ledge of the car here.

I like the clouds by Chimney Rock State Park.

The app is called KaleidaCam...free on iPhones.


Today's quote:

My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand. (Daily Om)
 

11 comments:

  1. She is beautiful...what a lovely statue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty amazing multiplication from that tiny figure to 6 feet tall!

      Delete
  2. Love the statue! Your sky image and flowers are beautiful too. Take care, have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I have several of those begonias i pot and they have become huge. Next year I need to get them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them, but these are in a well traveled path, and leave lots of petals around to stain people's shoes. Need to be somewhere they can drop petals at leisure!

      Delete
  4. What some people do is truly astonishing.

    I don’t even have the app, but I know someone who does. 🥸 But thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the statue and the flowers. That app is so interesting. I've never heard of it, but I may have to get it. The photos are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad AC did talk about it, and showed some early efforts. The price of 0 is right!

      Delete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.